How to Be a Bikini BabeComments
I hope you girls are having a fabulous summer! It’s a chilly 56 degrees F in San Francisco today, so I am eagerly planning my next beach vacation …
Speaking of beaches, check out these incredible photos of transgender supermodel Lea T:
She recently shot her first swimwear campaign in addition to modeling for Givency and Vogue Paris. Bravo!
This inspired me to share some tips on how YOU can be a bikini babe …
Even if you’re not ready to hit the beach en femme, I think every t-girl should own a bikini for sunbathing, lounging by the pool, or posing in a bikini babe photoshoot.
Here are my top 4 tips for looking hot in a bikini:
1. Downplay your shoulders
The secret to a bikini babe body is BALANCED PROPORTIONS. That means you need to balance out the proportions of your hips and shoulders.
Here are some tricks for making broad shoulders look more delicate:
- Avoid string bikinis unless you are truly tiny. Instead, select a bikini top with wide straps to balance the proportions of your shoulders.
- Try a halter top. Halter tops draw the eye in, creating a slimming effect. They’re also great for showing off cleavage.
- Avoid bandeau tops that cut straight across the chest. Bandeau tops make your upper body look even wider.
|String bikini||Halter top w/ wide straps||Bandeau top|
2. Enhance your hips
The next step is to enhance your hips. Here’s how to do it:
- Look for bikini bottoms with ruffles, belts, or side ties to add volume to your lower body.
- Try a skirted bikini bottom that flares out at the hips.
- Wear printed bikini bottoms. Prints visually enlarge an area, making your hips look wider.
|Ruffles||Skirt||Print + side ties|
3. Pose pretty
You should always be aware of the way you hold your body when you’re in a bikini – whether you’re sitting around a pool chatting with friends or posing for the camera.
To create the illusion of an hourglass shape, try the classic pin-up pose: Sit or stand with your hips facing sideways and twist at the waist so your shoulders face forward (see the image below). Don’t forget to keep your tummy in and avoid slouching at all times.
4. Smooth your silhouette
Bikini bottoms leave nothing to the imagination, so you’ll want to master the art of the tuck. This is NOT my area of expertise, but “Katie” gives a good rundown on her blog here.
So what do you think, my dear? Do you like Ms. Lea’s photos? Are YOU ready to be a bikini babe? Leave me your comments below! (And if you’re feeling extra brave, be sure share your bikini babe photos with us!)