Archive for Crossdresser Clothing
Whether you are an occasional crossdresser or live as a woman full time, lingerie is a great way to connect with your femme self.
How can you NOT feel totally girly in a pretty lace bra and panties?
But let’s face it …
It’s hard to hide your flaws when you are practically naked!
Here’s how to look HOT in feminine lingerie (even if you have a beer belly and manly hips):
1. Get the right fit
Nothing will destroy your image faster than saggy bra cups or too-tight panties creating a “muffin top”. It’s impossible to look good in lingerie that doesn’t fit right.
Your bra and panties should fit snug, but should never dig into your skin. (That’s how you get ugly bulges.)
Be sure to check your bra cups – they should fit smoothly over your breasts or breast forms. Wrinkled bra cups means you need a smaller cup size.
2. Flatter your shape
The #1 secret to looking hot in lingerie is to hide your flaws (like a big belly) and highlight your assets (like sexy long legs).
Here are the most flattering pieces for crossdressers and transgender women:
- Babydoll lingerie – Babydoll lingerie is sweet and sexy and best of all, it’s great for hiding an ample belly.
- Ruffled panties – Do you wish you had bigger hips? Ruffled panties feminize your figure by adding fullness to the hips.
- Kimono robe – Slip on a sexy kimono to hide broad shoulders. Look for a sheer style so you can disguise your upper body while still showing some skin.
3. Complement your skin tone
Color has a dramatic effect on your appearance (and your mood) so choose wisely.
The most important thing is to choose colors that complement your skin tone. White and black are popular lingerie colors, but they make pale skin look even more pasty. Nude tones and bright colors flatter most skin tones.
Have some fun with this! Choose colors that make you feel sexy, girly, vampy – or whatever aspect of your personality you want to channel that day.
4. Be impeccable with your grooming
Let’s face it – there’s nothing sexy about hair peeking out of your bra or panties!
If you are going to wear beautiful lingerie, be sure your grooming habits are up to par. Shave or wax regularly and apply lotion daily so you are always prepared to show some skin.
So what do you think, girlfriend? Lingerie is one of my favorite things in the world and I’d love to hear YOUR thoughts. Do you have a favorite piece of lingerie that makes you feel ultra feminine?
Please tell me about it in the comments section below!
Clothes are a big part of expressing yourself as a woman – but it’s something a lot of girls struggle with (including genetic girls).
Do you sometimes feel like a participant on the TV show, What Not to Wear? Is putting outfits together a mystery to you?
Just follow this simple 5-step formula and I promise you’ll never look like a transgender fashion “don’t” again!
1. Start with a basic piece
The foundation for your outfit should be a basic piece in a neutral color. Examples of basic pieces include: a classic a-line skirt, solid black pants, or a jacket in a neutral color.
2. Add an interest piece
The next step is to add an interest piece that will make your outfit POP. This should be something with color, pattern, texture, or shine.
Yes, you can pair basic pieces and neutral colors together, but that’s boring! You’ll look so much younger, prettier, and more feminine if you incorporate something fun or colorful into your outfit. (Obviously, this piece should be appropriate for your age and the occasion.)
Examples of interest pieces include: a lace top, a brightly colored dress, or a floral skirt.
3. Choose your shoes
Shoes make or break your outfit, so choose wisely. A pair of hot heels can make a basic outfit nightclub-worthy, while the wrong shoes can make you look frumpy and outdated no matter how cute the rest of your outfit is.
Here are 2 rules for choosing shoes:
- Consider the occasion. Formal events call for heels and shiny, sparkly styles. Casual events call for flats and casual styles.
- Consider the color. Neutral colors like brown or black always work, but don’t be afraid to play with color. A pair of beautiful shoes in an unexpected color can raise you to the fashionista level.
One tip: If you’re wearing a bright color, don’t match your shoes exactly to your outfit. It tends to look clownish. Instead, try a related accent color for an edgier look.
4. Add accessories
The next step is to add accessories, including jewelry, scarves, belts, hosiery, sunglasses, etc. Have some fun with this!
My only rule for crossdressers and transgender women is to go for bold accessories that match your larger features. Big earrings, large bracelets, and statement necklaces work better for your proportions than dainty pieces.
5. Finish with a handbag
The final step is to finish your outfit with a handbag. There are 2 things to consider:
- Consider the occasion. If it’s a formal event, go for a clutch or a structured handbag. If it’s a casual event, go for a slouchy bag in a casual fabric like leather, suede, or canvas. (The more structured the handbag, the dressier it looks.)
- Consider the color. Neutral colors will give you the most mileage, but brightly colored handbags are very “in” right now. If you decide to go for color, don’t worry about matching your bag to your shoes – that old rule doesn’t apply anymore.
And there you go! A perfect outfit in 5 easy steps.
Upload your cute outfit photos below! I’d love to see your best looks, so please share them with me in the comments section below!