It’s amazing how much our names shape our identities. Many of us grow into the names we are given at birth. Others never feel a connection to their name.
But crossdressers and transgender women have the unique advantage of being able to choose their feminine names.
There’s a unique story behind every great femme name… and I’d love to hear YOURS!
How did you choose your feminine name?
Please share your story in the comments below. And for extra credit, include a photo! It’s even better to be able to place a name to a face.
So many years ago. It’s kinda sad the way I chose my name, but at this point in my life and with the experiences I’ve had, I feel quite different about it. I’m good with the name I chose way back then.
I chose my name Joyce because I felt that I looked like some women that I knew and that they looked ambiguous…had to look harder to decide male or female. That’s how I viewed myself then….now…. not so much!! 🙂
I started out with Charlie because it was close to my boy name. Though not legal. Met a wonderful understanding woman who asked me how attached was i to that name, she was just ok with it but started calling me Charlene instead. She told me it was more femmine and i agreed. From that day forward i became Charlene and yes it fits. Hugs Charlene
I was named by my Norwegian Great Bestamore. (Great Grandmother) I have no idea why she named me Rikki (girl) but I I’m so greatfull she did. I’m the youngest of three brothers who love me and have always supported me but don’t want anything to do with my life’s choices as an active C.D’er. All though I’ve been dressing most of my life. My middle brother put the fear of public dressing in my head and as I came out to my family as gay when I was 15 my boyfriend wasn’t much help eather. My only positive support came from my Bestamore(Grandmother) and two of my Aunt’s. I’m about 75% and have entered into therapy to help with the other 25% .
This might sound really odd, but…..
….when I chose my first and middle names (Susan Anne), I actually combined names from my mother and my ex mother in law, because they honestly were/are role models for the type of woman I want to be.
And also, as I considered all my favorite options, I just kept coming back to this particular combination. I just….I just KNEW that Susan is who I am.
I had chosen the name Jenna Rae. When I registered on a CD/Transgender site, they ran the two names together and dropped the letter “e”. I loved it instantly. It has a super model sound.
This is my birth name. I like it, it’s gender neutral. If I could, I would have only one name. I don’t like having to have a first, last and middle name. I don’t like those titles like ‘Miss, Mr., Mrs.’ either. Just call me Morgan.
I haven’t yet and I don’t know what it should be
How about Shayna?
How about Shayna or Shawna
Mi nombre lo tome de una mujer muy caliente, bella, con un cuerpazo, sexi, la amante de mi cuñado, es el prototipo de mujer que sueño ser.