We still have a full month of summer left in the Northern Hemisphere, so you know what that means…
Still time to rock a bikini or swimsuit!
Even if you aren’t ready to hit the beach en femme, I think every crossdresser and transgender women should own a bathing suit. Wear one for sunbathing, lounging by the pool, or posing in a beach babe photoshoot.
But how can you look your best when so little is left to the imagination?
Here are my top 5 tips for looking hot in swimwear:
1. Enhance your hips and bust
To maximize your curves, try these tips:
- Go for ruffles and ruching. These style details are great for adding volume where you lack curves.
- Wear a padded bikini top. Fortunately, many bikinis and swimsuits come with built-in padding for added oomph.
- Try a skirted bikini bottom. A skirt that flares out at the hips is an easy way to add inches. It’s also great for covering areas you might not feel comfortable displaying.
|Ruffles and ruching||Padded bikini tip||Skirted bikini bottom|
2. Downplay your shoulders
The secret to sexy body is balanced proportions. Downplaying your shoulders will create a more feminine balance between your upper and lower body.
Here are some tricks for making broad shoulders appear to be more delicate:
- Avoid string bikinis unless you are truly tiny. Instead, select a bikini top with wide straps to balance the proportion of your shoulders.
- Try a halter top. Halter tops draw the eye in, creating a slimming effect. They’re also great for showing off cleavage.
- Avoid bandeau tops. Bandeau tops create a strong horizontal line across the chest, making your upper body look even wider.
|DON’T: String bikini||DO: Halter top||DON’T: Bandeau top|
3. Slim your middle
Here’s how to create a sexy hourglass shape:
- Wear a shaping swimsuit. There are a lot of swimsuits with built-in control panels to hold in and slenderize your torso. Check out the MiracleSuit and Spanx swimwear.
- Look for suits with side panels in a contrasting color. A color blocked swimsuit is a great trick for slimming your torso. The eye is drawn towards the middle of your body and the sides are minimized, creating the look of a slimmer torso.
- Wear a monokini. A monokini is a sexy swimwear style that has cutout sides. It’s less revealing than a bikini and the cutout side panels create the visual illusion of an hourglass figure.
|Shaping swimsuit||Contrasting side panels||Monokini|
4. Smooth your silhouette
It’s not just about shape and size, but creating a sleek and smooth silhouette. Here are two critical tips:
- Make sure your swimsuit fits. A suit that is too small will dig in and create unattractive bulges and belly rolls. A suit that is too big will droop.
- Master the art of the “tuck.” Bikini bottoms leave nothing to the imagination, so you’ll want to ensure a smooth look. There are lots of forums and websites that can give pointers on how to do this comfortably. (Or take my first tip and wear a skirted bikini bottom.)
5. Pose pretty
Posture is always important, but it’s especially crucial when your entire body is on full display.
You should always be aware of the way you hold your body when you’re in a bikini. Think about your posture whether you’re sitting around a pool chatting with friends or posing for the camera.
Keep your tummy in and avoid slouching at all times. The more long and lifted your posture, the slimmer you will appear.
Ready for your own beach babe moment?
Follow these tips and I promise you’ll look sizzling on the beach or poolside.
For inspiration, I’ve compiled a gallery of 8 stunning transgender bikini models below.
Who is your favorite? Vote below and – if you’re feeling brave – share your own bikini babe photo in the comments!
8 Stunning Transgender Bikini Models
|Lea T||Jenna Talackova|
|Isis King||Caroline Cossey|
|Ines-Loan Rau||Geena Rocero|
|Carmen Carrera||Miss saHHara|