There’s no easier way to feel feminine than to slip into a beautiful bra.
The problem is that most bras aren’t built with crossdressers and transgender women in mind. That can make it hard to find a bra that looks and fits right.
However, it’s not impossible!
In this post, I share how to solve your 7 biggest bra problems – so you and “your girls” can look your absolute best.
Problem #1: Wrinkled Or Gapping Bra Cups
Bra cups that don’t lay smooth are a common problem. Fortunately, there are two easy fixes:
- Go down a cup size. The main reason for wrinkles is that your breasts don’t fill out the bra cups. Try going down a cup size. For example, from a 38B to a 38A.
- Choose a demi bra instead of a full coverage bra. Full coverage bras often have extra space at the top of the cup. A demi bra that’s cut lower eliminates this problem.
Problem #2: Can’t Find A Bra My Size
If you don’t wear breast forms, it can be tricky to find a bra with a large band and small cups. (Which is what most crossdressers and transgender women need.)
Here are some bra options for those with smaller breasts and broader body proportions:
- Hips & Curves Bralettes – Size L-6X (One cup size fits all)
- Flatter Me Bra – Band sizes 40-46, Cup sizes AA-B
- Leading Lady Scallop Lace Bra – Band sizes 36-48, Cup sizes A-DD
- Prima Donna Couture Bra – Band sizes 38-48, Cup sizes B-H
Problem #3: Back Bulge
Back bulge is another common problem. The causes are back fat and/or an ill-fitting bra.
How can you avoid the dreaded back bulge?
- Wear a larger band size. A band that’s too tight will cause bulging, so go up a size. For example, from a size 42 to a size 44 band.
- Look for a bra with give. Bras that are made with smooth, stretchy fabrics don’t dig in as much as stiffer bras.
- Try a longline bra. Longline bras have a wider band that helps eliminate back bulge.
Problem #4: Wide-set Breasts
Crossdressers and transgender women tend to have wide-set breasts because of their wider rib cages. This makes it harder to 1.) Find a bra that fits properly and 2.) Create the look of cleavage.
Here are four solutions for wide-set breasts:
- Look for pushup pads. A bra with padding on the sides helps push the breasts together.
- Wear a wireless bra. Underwires can be uncomfortable if they’re not properly centered beneath the breasts. In this case, a wireless bra will fit you better.
- Choose a bra with a wide center panel. The wider the center panel (the triangle-shaped area between the bra cups), the better the bra will fit.
- Find a front closure bra. Front closure tend to have wider-set cups due to the center clasp.
Problem #5: Bra Straps Fall Down
Nothing is more annoying than straps that don’t stay put. Here’s how to solve this problem:
- Tighten the bra straps. Bra straps stretch out over time, so they should be tightened every other month or so.
- Look for silicone bra straps. Some bras have a silicone lining on the straps that helps keep them in place. You can also purchase silicone bra strap cushions that can be worn with any bra.
- Try a different bra style. Balconette and plunge bras tend to have wider straps that are prone to falling. Instead, look for a bra with a racerback or crisscross straps.
Problem #6: Breast Forms Don’t Stay In Place
If you wear breast forms, the right bra is critical. Here are five tips to keep in mind:
- Option #1: Pocketed bra. Your best bet is a wear a pocketed bra with built-in pockets to hold the breast forms.
- Option #2: Full coverage bra. Your other option is to wear a full coverage bra. The cups should fully cover the breast forms for a seamless look.
- Make sure the bra band is snug enough. This provides support for the breast forms. To test, put a finger under the band between your breasts. If you can fit two or more fingers, the band is too loose. Tighten it or go down a band size.
- Avoid low cut bras. Low cut bras don’t have enough coverage to support the breast forms.
- Avoid bras that are too small. Bras that are too small can damage your breast forms.
Problem #7: Bra Shows Through Clothing
Just like visible panty lines, a bra that shows through your clothes isn’t chic. (Unless, of course, you purposely want to show it off.)
Here’s how to keep your bra under cover:
- Look for bras with smooth cups and minimal details. Lacy fabrics and trimmings are pretty, but they often show through lightweight fabrics.
- Wear a black or nude bra. The black bra should be worn under dark clothing, while the nude bra works best with light colors. Look for a bra that matches your skin tone. Avoid white bras since these tend to show through clothing.
What are YOUR biggest bra problems?
Hopefully your biggest bra problem now is having too many bras and too little time!
But if you have any bra woes that weren’t covered, share them below so we can help. And if you have any other tips to add to this list, I’d love to hear them!
P.S. What’s the only thing better than a beautiful bra? It’s having beautiful breasts! Here’s a must-have for your most alluring, feminine curves.
P.S. If you liked this article, you will love my FREE Male to Female Transformation Mini Course.
Looks nice Morgan
Excellent advice as always Lucille. Years of commitment to fenugreek + pueraria mirifica extract massage + suction breast pumps and I have nice 36C soft-round-jiggly breasts at 6’1″ 183lbs 38-31-35 Misses size 10-12.
Here are several photos as I have posted many times over the years on Lucille’s online threads about natural breast development.
First: Blue stretch cotton Talbot’s top and underneath wearing thin/soft-cup Warner bra that fits great but everything shows right thru 2 layers.
Next: Two photos in lacy 3-hook maroon Jennifer bra that fits just perfect with slightly molded cups, but not super stiff.
Third: Two photos in same maroon bra under Gap stretch-knit ivory top with low scoop-neck.
Last: One photo in plum-colored stretch cotton top from Forever-21.
It was a long slow process but worth everything to get to this place of filling out my own bras with “all me”.
Ah!Ah!Ah! the magic of the bra on the feminine journey.For me,the senses are enhanced,resonating throughout the body.Indelible,imprinted,ingrained in my mind.Leads to euphoric and enthralling feelings capturing my feminine aura.The elasticity and fluidity of so many choices adds to the joy and often elevates it.The senses are heightened with sensuous choices and comfortable,well fitting bras.It magnifies the union between my mind and body.
WOW!!! That’s a powerful bra.
For me, when it comes to bras, comfort is a priority. Having a good fitting bra that has adjustable straps and bands can make all the difference. Some styles have no adjustments. After awhile, all that tugging, pulling and constantly putting shoulder straps back up can eject the feng shui right out of my undies! Yep, don’t want that.
Looks nice Morgan
Thank you, Erika!
I love lace bras!
Got any good feminine advice for me?
Great advice!!! I have had breast implants, a few years ago. Before I had the implants I spent a lot of time trying B, C, and D to determine the cup size I was comfortable with. I ended up with c+.
I know this is an older post that many won’t see, but I wanna pass on a learning experience. Underwires can be bent, to change their curve. The fabric usually accommodates to the change. It can make a big fit difference. It’s helped me.
I just love your advice so right on most of the time. The bras that I wear are white. Enjoy being able to show them off and love the way the straps feel. Wear padding but wish that my girls could be just a little bit bigger. Will keep on trying.