Summer is in full swing here in the Northern Hemisphere, which means…
It’s time to put on a bikini or swimsuit!
Even if you aren’t ready to hit the beach en femme, a bathing suit should be part of every girl’s wardrobe. Wear one for sunbathing, lounging by the pool, or posing in a beach babe photoshoot.
But how can you look your best when there’s so little left to the imagination?
This post contains my top trans / crossdressing bikini and swimsuit tips for looking sexy and feminine in swimwear. Read on to learn more!
1. Enhance Your Hips and Bust
To maximize the look of female curves, try these tips:
- Go for ruffles and ruching. These style details are great for adding volume where you might lack curves.
- Wear a padded bikini top. Fortunately, many bikinis and swimsuits come with built-in padding for added oomph.
- Try a skirted bikini bottom. A skirt that flares out at the hips is an easy way to add inches. It’s also great for covering areas you may not feel comfortable displaying.
2. Downplay Your Shoulders
Balanced proportions are the key to a sexy figure. By minimizing your shoulders, you can achieve a more feminine balance between your upper and lower body.
Here are some tricks for making broad shoulders appear more delicate:
- Avoid string bikinis unless you are truly tiny. Instead, select a bikini top with wide straps to balance the proportion of your shoulders.
- Try a halter top. Halter tops draw the eye in, creating a slimming effect. They’re also great for showing off cleavage.
- Avoid bandeau tops. Bandeau tops create a strong horizontal line across the chest, making your upper body look even wider.
3. Slim Your Middle
Here are 3 strategies to help create the illusion of an hourglass shape:
- Wear a shaping swimsuit. There are a lot of swimsuits (like MiracleSuit) with built-in control panels to hold in and slenderize your torso.
- Look for suits with side panels in a contrasting color. A color blocked swimsuit is a great trick for slimming your torso. The eye is drawn towards the middle of your body and the sides are minimized, creating the look of a slimmer torso.
- Wear a monokini. A monokini is a sexy swimwear style that has cutout sides. It’s less revealing than a bikini and the cutout side panels create the visual illusion of an hourglass figure.
4. Smooth Your Silhouette
It’s not just about shape and size, but about creating a sleek and smooth silhouette, too. Keep these tips in mind:
- Make sure your swimsuit fits well. A suit that is too small will dig in and create unattractive bulges and belly rolls. A suit that is too big will droop.
- Master the art of the “tuck.” Bikini bottoms leave nothing to the imagination, so you’ll want to ensure a smooth look. There are lots of forums and websites that can give pointers on how to do this comfortably. (Or take my first tip and wear a skirted bikini bottom.)
5. Pose Pretty
Posture is always important, but it’s especially crucial when your entire body is on full display.
You should always be aware of the way you hold your body when you’re in a bikini. Think about your posture whether you’re sitting around a pool chatting with friends or posing for the camera.
Keep your tummy in and avoid slouching at all times. The more long and lifted your posture, the slimmer you will appear.
Ready for your own beach babe moment?
Follow these tips and I promise you’ll look sizzling on the beach or poolside.
For inspiration, I’ve compiled a gallery of 8 stunning transgender bikini models below.
Who is your favorite? Vote below and – if you’re feeling brave – share your own beach babe photo in the comments!
8 Stunning Transgender Bikini Models
P.S. If you liked this article, you will love my FREE Male to Female Transformation Mini Course.
As we just had a beautiful new pool installed I’ll be utilizing all your tips this summer and hopefully for many more. Thanks for all your help and you can see more on my Flickr site!
Wow, Lea T is phenomenal……she is so beautiful, one would think she is a genetic girl!!!!!!!! She is amazing! Love her beautiful sexy look.
Well – I went out and bought a couple of bikini’s … first time ever! I’m sort of the shy type, so I doubt I’ll ever go out in public with them on.
You and 10 year younger then me and you look stunning! Way too hard on yourself.. If you got, flaunt it and you have got it Hon! Love your smile and beautiful eyes!
Im 100% female, straight, married, I stumbled on this site when googling stocking etiquette.. I came across your lovely pictures and the very first thing I though was ‘wow’ The very next thing I thought (and my reason for writing) was you MUST consider doing a look a like portfolio of Princess Diana Im sure you have the height (Diana was 5’11) you definitely have the big blue eyes, complexion and hair. You would make a great lookalike of this iconic lady, and im sure you will have fun experimenting!!
Dear Bonnie your being way to hard on yourself…i think your hands look very fem and you keep your nails pretty.and yes lucille is a gods angle.i think your sooo pretty… Hugs Laura
Thank you Laura, you are far too kind! But you know, I am 53 years old, and have been following Lucille’s program for about a couple years now… and I owe all this to her! For me at this point, it’s now all about the hands… the dead give away… lol.
Bonnie you look wonderful…you have the sweet loving eyes…with a few days in the sun to even out your tan and whow…your very pretty bonnie and very fem and pasable go for it… Hugs Laura
Great photos of Lea, such a beautiful T girl. I would have never know. Although I am 43, I feel I can pull it off in a bikini, for I am small framed, and am going to try it maybe next spring, and summer. Thankyou so much for this inspiring story, and tips.
i’m 31 and i would like to wear a thong/string bikini, is that a do or a dont?
If a person walk up to ask you to come up with a woman name for them what would that name be
While I do own a couple of one pieces, and several bikinis, and do wear them, if I were caught in any of them, I would be horrified, I SO do not have the body for a full on female swim suit!
I am however working on this issue, as I REALLY would like to turn more heads!
Your supermodel Lea has real hips and a slim waist which I don’t have. But I have been on the beach and have gone for a swim in the open. I wish I had a bigger bum though. This is the worst part to give away my secret.
Best wishes and thanks for your mails.