When you present yourself as a woman, you want to look and feel your best.
Did you know that beauty is less about being born with certain features and more about presentation?
Studies show that physical attractiveness is mostly based on “self care” – that is, good grooming, neat hair, and nice clothes.
Grooming can make or break your feminine image, so there are certain habits you shouldn’t ignore.
Are these 5 feminine grooming practices part of your regular routine?
1. Hand care
Your hands say a lot about you. Since your hands might be larger than the average woman’s, it’s especially important to take good care of them. The last thing you need is for your hands to attract negative attention.
- Every 1-2 weeks: Give yourself a manicure – or better yet, get a manicure at a nail salon. Clip or file your nails and push back the cuticles with an orange stick.
- Daily: Clean underneath your fingernails with nail brush and apply hand cream several times per day.
2. Hair removal
You already know that beard stubble and chest hair don’t compliment a feminine image. But be sure to consider other areas that are easily overlooked. Do you have unwanted hair in any of these areas?
- Nose and ears
- Knuckles and toes
- Bikini area
- Once per week: Shave, trim, wax, and/or pluck the above-mentioned areas as needed.
Exfoliation is the process of scrubbing off dead skin cells. Dead skin cells can dull your complexion and lead to ingrown hairs. Exfoliation will give you smoother, younger looking skin that is so important to your feminine look.
- Once or twice per week: Exfoliate your face and body using a washcloth, loofah, or exfoliating scrub. (When exfoliating your face, be sure to use facial products only.)
4. Foot care
It’s easy to forget your feet, especially during the winter, when they are covered up with shoes and socks. But that’s no excuse to ignore them! Could you imagine a beauty icon like Marilyn Monroe or Angelina Jolie with cracked heels and ragged toenails? No way!
- Twice per month: Treat yourself to a pedicure at home or in a salon. Trim your toenails and (optionally) apply polish. Remove calluses with a pumice stone.
5. Face mask
Applying a face mask once per week should be part of every girl’s routine – including yours! Besides targeting specific skincare concerns, relaxing with a mask is a great way to pamper yourself.
There are face masks designed to address every concern from acne to wrinkles. In addition to cream masks, sheet masks are a popular and convenient option.
- Once per week: Apply a face mask suited to your skin.
What are YOUR must-do beauty rituals?
Being pretty and polished is a great confidence booster. These habits will also make you look better in guy mode, so it’s a win-win.
Are there any beauty rituals you would add to this list? Please share below!