Do you long to have a sexy hourglass figure? Or at least some decent curves?
If so, you might be wondering…
Is it even possible to look like an hourglass if you have a square or apple body shape (as many crossdressers and transgender women do)?
The answer is YES!
Keep reading to learn how to slim your waist and enhance your hips to achieve a feminine hourglass figure.
1. Try Waist Training With a Corset
If you’ve never worn a corset before, prepare to be amazed: A corset can take up to 6” off your waist and make you look and feel ultra feminine.
A corset can even be used for a semi-permanent waist size reduction. Waist training with a corset isn’t fast or easy, but it can work wonders when combined with a proper diet and exercise.
Check out this Guide to Waist Training from Orchard Corset to learn more about what waist training is and how to properly use corsets for this purpose.
2. Wear a Waist Cincher
As lovely as corsets are, they aren’t always practical. A big drawback is that corsets can look stiff and bulky under most clothes. And they’re not exactly known for being comfortable.
Waist cinchers, on the other hand, are designed to be worn under clothing. A waist cincher can take 1-4 inches off your waist while still allowing you to move and breath easily.
Here are 3 top-reviewed waist cinchers available in small to extra-large sizes.
- Maidenform Waistnipper Firm Control Shaper
- Squeem Firm Control Waist Cincher
- Rago Shapette Shaping Girdle 821
3. Improve Your Posture
Good posture can make you look 10 pounds lighter around the middle, so pay attention to the way you sit and stand. Think: stomach in, chest lifted, and shoulders back.
Even better – put on your waist cincher! A waist cincher improves your posture by forcing you to keep your tummy in and your spine straight.
4. Do Stomach Vacuum Exercises
Traditional exercises like crunches and sit-ups can overdevelop your abs and increase the size of your waist. This is obviously the last thing you need in your MTF body shaping journey.
Instead, consider doing stomach vacuum exercises. This exercise tones the transverse abdominis – the innermost ab muscle that holds your stomach in and acts like a built in corset. Everyday crunches don’t target this muscle.
Stomach vacuums (also known as the vacuum pose) can take 2-4 inches off your waist, so it’s definitely worth a try. I personally lost 1 inch off my waist after doing this exercise for 2 weeks!
Here’s how to do it:
- Exhale all the air from your lungs.
- Expand your chest and suck in your stomach as much as possible. Imagine trying to touch your belly button to your spine.
- Hold this pose for 5-15 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat for 3-5 minutes.
Stomach vacuums should be done on an empty stomach and can be done standing, sitting, or on your hands and knees.
Watch the video above and/or check out this article to learn more about stomach vacuum exercises.
5. Enhance Your Hips
A small waist is only half of the equation. Your hips should appear approximately 10 inches larger than your waist for true hourglass proportions.
Here are some tips for enhancing your hips:
- Wear padded panties. Classic Curves carries the best hip and butt enhancers for crossdressers and transgender women. You can also find a big selection of removable hip and butt pads on LoveMyBubbles.com.
- Go for skirts and dresses with gathered waistlines. Gathers are the easiest way add inches to your lower body and create the illusion of hips.
- Look for peplum styles. A peplum is a ruffle or overskirt attached to the waistline of a top, dress, or skirt. This is a feminine style that adds instant fullness to the hips.
I hope this article gave you some new ideas for getting the sexy curves and hourglass figure you desire!
I’d love to see your results, so please share your photos below – along with any other waist or hip shaping tips you might have.
P.S. Ready for even more feminine curves?
Sign up for my FREE Secrets to Luscious Curves video course to discover simple and natural male to female breast enhancement secrets.