Did you know that body language accounts for more than 50% of the impression you make on people?
That’s a big part of your feminine image!
Body language consists of four things:
- Eye contact
- Facial expressions
Unfortunately, it’s easy to develop bad body language habits that can ruin your feminine image… or at the very least, make you look less poised and polished than you want to be.
Here are 27 actions that should be avoided when presenting yourself as a woman:
- Biting your nails
- Compulsively checking your phone
- Rummaging through your purse
- Crossing your arms
- Shaking your leg or tapping your fingers
- Not smiling
- Scanning the room while speaking with somebody
- Talking too much with your hands
- Exaggerated nodding
- Examining your teeth or face in public
- Applying makeup in public (other than a quick swipe of lipstick)
- Resting your chin on your hands and elbows
- Sitting with your legs apart
- Clanging your silverware
- Avoiding eye contact
- Eye contact that is too intense
- A weak handshake
- Clenching your fists
- Standing too close to people
- Chewing loudly
- Talking while you eat
- Eating or drinking too fast
- Bending towards your food instead of bringing the food to your mouth
- Leaning forward too much
- Leaning back too much
Are you making any of these mistakes? If so, don’t feel bad. (I’ve had to work on a few of these myself!) Instead, resolve to improve them.
For fun, do a “body language study” the next time you’re out in public. Notice the subtle actions that enhance or detract from people’s images.
Can you think of any other habits that should be added to this list?
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments below.
P.S. Ready to discover more tips and tricks to be your most polished, feminine self? If so, you will love my FREE 3-part Male to Female Makeover Course. Sign up for free here!