Did you know that body language accounts for more than 50% of the impression you make on people?
That’s a big part of your feminine image!
Body language consists of four things:
- Eye contact
- Facial expressions
Unfortunately, it’s easy to develop bad body language habits that can ruin your female image… or at the very least, make you look less poised and polished than you want to be.
Here are 27 body language mistakes to avoid when presenting yourself as a woman:
- Constantly checking your phone (this is a biggie!)
- Biting your nails
- Rummaging through your purse
- Crossing your arms
- Shaking your leg or tapping your fingers
- Not smiling
- Scanning the room while speaking with somebody
- Talking too much with your hands
- Exaggerated nodding
- Examining your teeth or face in public
- Applying makeup in public (other than a quick swipe of lipstick)
- Resting your chin on your hands and elbows
- Sitting with your legs apart
- Clanging your silverware
- Avoiding eye contact
- Eye contact that is too intense
- A weak handshake
- Clenching your fists
- Standing too close to people
- Chewing loudly
- Talking while you eat
- Eating or drinking too fast
- Bending towards your food instead of bringing the food to your mouth
- Leaning forward too much
- Leaning back too much
Some of these might sound obvious, but let’s face it – we’ve all seen these behaviors in public!
I believe it’s gotten even worse with cell phones. It’s become the norm to see people slouched over their phones, completely oblivious to the world around them.
Are you making any of these mistakes? If so, don’t feel bad. (I’ve had to work on some of these these myself!) Instead, resolve to improve them.
For fun, do a “body language study” the next time you’re out in public. Notice the subtle actions that enhance or detract from people’s images.
Can you think of any other habits that should be added to this list?
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments below.
P.S. Ready to discover more tips and tricks to be your most polished, feminine self? If so, you will love my FREE 3-part Male to Female Transformation Mini Course.
Sit close to the table. Take only small pieces of food with your fork or spoon. Once you pick up food off the plate, hold it over the plate to make sure nothing falls off. If it does, it will end up on the plate. Then you are safe to bring it to your mouth.
Most are very good tips. However, how do you bring food to your mouth without dropping something down the front? A nice manicure is essential. preferably with a nice color, other than black. Beautiful nails are a positive attraction as opposed to raggedy, or dirty nails. Merry feminine Christmas to all.