Did you know that your body language makes up more than half of the impression you make on others?
That’s a big part of your feminine image as a crossdresser or transgender woman!
Body language comes down to four key elements: your posture, gestures, eye contact, and facial expressions.
Unfortunately, it’s easy to develop bad body language habits that can undermine a poised and polished appearance.
In this blog post, I’ll share 27 MTF body language mistakes to avoid when presenting yourself as a woman.
27 MTF Body Language Mistakes to Avoid for a Flawless Feminine Image
- Constantly checking your phone (this is a biggie!)
- Biting your nails
- Rummaging through your purse
- Crossing your arms
- Shaking your leg or tapping your fingers
- Not smiling
- Scanning the room while speaking with somebody
- Talking too much with your hands
- Exaggerated nodding
- Examining your teeth or face in public
- Applying makeup in public (other than a quick swipe of lipstick)
- Resting your chin on your hands and elbows
- Sitting with your legs apart
- Clanging your silverware
- Avoiding eye contact
- Eye contact that is too intense
- A weak handshake
- Clenching your fists
- Standing too close to people
- Chewing loudly
- Talking while you eat
- Eating or drinking too fast
- Bending towards your food instead of bringing the food to your mouth
- Leaning forward too much
- Leaning back too much
Phew, that’s quite a list, isn’t it? Some of these might seem obvious, but let’s be real – we’ve all witnessed these behaviors in public!
Are you making any of these mistakes? If so, don’t feel bad. (I’ve had to work on some of these myself!) Instead, resolve to improve them.
For fun, do a “body language study” the next time you’re out in public. Notice the subtle actions that enhance or detract from people’s images.
Can you think of any other habits that should be added to this list?
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Please share in the comments below.
P.S. Ready to discover more tips and tricks to be your most polished, feminine self? If so, you will love my FREE 3-part Male to Female Transformation Mini Course.