One of the best things about being a woman is having CURVES galore!
But maybe you’re wondering…
It is really possible to look like an hourglass if you’re built like a rectangle or an apple (as many crossdressers and transgender women are)?
The answer is YES!
Keep reading to learn how to slim your waist and enhance your hips to achieve a stunning hourglass shape.
1. Try waist training with a corset
If you’ve never worn a corset before, prepare to be amazed: A corset can take up to 6” off your waist and make you look and feel ultra feminine.
A corset can even be used for permanent (or at least semi-permanent) waist size reduction. Waist training with a corset isn’t fast or easy, but it can work wonders when combined with a proper diet and exercise.
Check out this Guide to Waist Training from Orchard Corset to learn more about what waist training is and how to properly use corsets for this purpose.
2. Wear a waist cincher
As lovely as corsets are, they aren’t always practical. A big drawback is that corsets can look stiff and bulky under most clothes. And they’re not exactly known for being comfortable.
Waist cinchers, on the other hand, are designed to be worn under clothing. A waist cincher can take 1-4 inches off your waist while still allowing you to move and breath easily.
Here are 3 top-reviewed waist cinchers available in small to extra-large sizes.
- Maidenform Waistnipper Firm Control Shaper
- Squeem Firm Control Waist Cincher
- Rago Shapette Shaping Girdle 821
3. Improve your posture
Good posture can make you look 10 pounds lighter around the middle, so pay attention to the way you sit and stand. Think: stomach in, chest lifted, and shoulders back.
Even better – put on your waist cincher! A waist cincher improves your posture by forcing you to keep your tummy in and your spine straight.
4. Try the vacuum pose
Traditional exercises like crunches and sit-ups can overdevelop your abs and increase the size of your waist.
Have you ever noticed that many modern bodybuilders have bulging abdomens? Compare this to the wasp-waist look of old school bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jack Lalanne.
You obviously don’t want to look like “The Terminator”, but these classic bodybuilders were onto something. Their secret was the “vacuum pose”.
The vacuum pose is an exercise that tones the transverse abdominis – the innermost ab muscle that holds your stomach in. Everyday crunches don’t target this muscle.
The vacuum pose can take 2-4 inches off your waist, so it’s definitely worth a try. (I personally lost 1 inch off my waist after vacuum posing for 2 weeks!) Here’s how to do it:
- Exhale all the air from your lungs.
- Expand your chest and suck in your stomach as much as possible. Imagine trying to touch your belly button to your spine.
- Hold this pose for 5-15 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat for 3-5 minutes.
The vacuum pose should be done on an empty stomach and can be done standing, sitting, or on your hands and knees. Check out this article to learn more about the vacuum pose.
5. Enhance your hips
A small waist is only half of the equation. Your hips should appear approximately 10 inches larger than your waist for true hourglass proportions.
Here are some tips for enhancing your hips:
- Wear padded panties. Classic Curves carries the best hip and butt enhancers for crossdressers and transgender women. You can also find a big selection of removable hip and butt pads on LoveMyBubbles.com.
- Go for skirts and dresses with gathered waistlines. Gathers are the easiest way add inches to your lower body and create the illusion of hips.
- Look for peplum styles. A peplum is a ruffle or overskirt attached to the waistline of a top, dress, or skirt. This is a feminine style that adds instant fullness to the hips.
I hope this article gave you some new ideas for getting the sexy curves you desire!
I’d love to see your results, so please share your photos below – along with any other waist or hip shaping tips you might have. 🙂
P.S. Ready for even more feminine curves?
Sign up for my FREE Secrets to Luscious Curves video course to discover simple and natural male to female breast enhancement secrets.