Are you ready for your beach babe moment? If so, this blog post is for you!
Unfortunately, mainstream swimwear doesn’t always provide the right level of coverage or support for MTF bodies.
The good news is that more and more brands are popping up that cater to transgender women and crossdressers.
That means that there are now many swimwear options that can help you look and feel fabulous at the beach or pool.
In this blog post, I highlight the 10 best places to shop for MTF swimwear.
Whether you’re looking for a sexy tucking bikini or a comfy one-piece swimsuit, these shops and brands have got you covered!
What to Consider When Shopping for MTF Swimwear
Before you start shopping for that dream bikini or swimsuit, there are a couple important things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- How to wear breast forms with swimwear.
- How to choose the right swim bottoms (including tucking swimwear and other alternatives).
How to wear breast forms with swimwear
Here are the best ways to wear breast forms with a bikini or swimsuit top:
- Mastectomy swimwear – The easiest option is to look for mastectomy swimwear, which is specifically designed to be worn with breast forms. This swimwear features built-in pockets that securely hold breast forms in place.
- Supportive swim top – Another option is to choose a regular swimwear top that offers ample support and coverage for breast forms. Look for styles with underwires for optimal support.
Additionally, when selecting breast forms for swimwear, opt for lightweight forms or foam breast forms. Regular silicone breast forms may be too heavy for a typical swim top.
How to choose the right swim bottoms
A major concern when wearing swim bottoms is swimwear that’s too revealing or that shows visible bulges. Here are a few solutions to consider:
- Tucking swimwear – Tucking swimwear is designed with extra compression and can work wonders in creating a smoother and flatter appearance in your swim bottoms.
- Tucking gaff under regular swimwear – For a flat and more feminine look, you can also try wearing a regular thong tucking gaff underneath your normal swimwear bottoms.
- Unclockable Tuck Kit – Another great option is the Unclockable Tuck Kit. This is a tucking tape product that is also swim-proof.
- Skirted bikini bottom – Finally, the easiest and most comfortable solution is to wear a skirted bikini bottom. This type of bottom provides coverage while adding a touch of cuteness.
10 Best Places to Shop for Transgender / Crossdressing Swimwear
Now that you know what to look for in MTF swimwear, it’s time for the fun part – shopping! Here’s a roundup of the best places to shop for transgender or crossdressing swimwear.
1. En Femme
En Femme prides itself on being the premier transfeminine brand, and they also offer a great collection of cute and feminine tucking swimwear, including bikini sets and one-pieces.
GenderBender is another great place to shop for transgender swimwear. If you are looking for a tucking bikini bottom, you will find them here in a wide range of sizes, colors, and prints.
Don’t ignore Etsy when looking for MTF items, including tucking swimwear. It’s a great place to find unique pieces. You can do a search for “tucking swimwear,” which brings up a range of sellers and items to choose from.
4. Leo Lines
Leo Lines is an Etsy shop that specifically creates underwear and swimwear for transgender youth and adults. It offers a collection of one and two-piece swimsuits. While the prices of tucking swimwear from this store are a bit higher than in other shops, the products are worth it.
FIT4U offers bikini bottoms in several styles and colors. The garments are handmade from high-quality compression materials and cut with a wider gusset for enhanced support.
Zoah is a UK-based brand that offers excellent underwear and a few swimwear items in black and leopard print. The swimwear from this shop provides the ideal amount of compression to retain your tuck without feeling restricted.
Origami Customs offers a range of genderless swimwear that offers light compression as opposed to complete tucking. The best thing about this shop is that you can have the swimwear customized to fit you at no extra cost.
UNTAG, previously known as Trans-Missie, is a Dutch brand that’ve been offering gender-affirming underwear and swimwear since 2004. They offer a variety of swim tops and swimsuits, along with tucking swim bottoms for their MTF customers.
The Breast Form Store carries a line of mastectomy swimwear to wear with breast forms. Since the swimwear brands they carry are designed for cisgender women, these suits don’t offer tucking or compression on the bottom.
Cross-Dress.com carries a line of custom-made swimwear for crossdressers and transwomen called Trans-Atlantic. Each style has built-in pockets for breast forms and a tucking ring on the bottom, making you look more feminine while swimming.
No feminine wardrobe is complete without at least one swimsuit or bikini!
And now that you now the best places to shop for MTF swimwear, you can be ready for any impromptu trip to an exotic beach… or perhaps your own backyard.
Now I’d love to hear from YOU. Where are your places to shop for swimwear?
Please share in the comments below – and be sure to include a pic of you in your favorite swimsuit or bikini!
P.S. Want more of my best tips for your feminine transformation?
Go here to sign up for my FREE 3-part Male to Female Transformation Mini Course!