Sometimes it’s the little details that make the biggest difference.
Take hands, for example…
You may have a feminine face, a melodic voice, and a body like Beyoncé – but if your hands send the wrong gender signal, you might be not making the impression you hoped for.
You can’t change the structure of your hands, of course. But the good news is that there are simple ways to downplay their size and make them look more feminine.
Read on for 4 dos and don’ts for feminizing your hands.
DO Invest In The Right Grooming Tools
Since we’re constantly using our hands, they’re a natural magnet for attention. That means that neatly groomed hands and nails are a must.
Good grooming doesn’t have to take much time – especially when you use the right tools. Here are a few items you should have in your arsenal:
- Nail brush – This is an essential tool for cleaning under the fingernails.
- Glass nail file – A glass nail file is gentler on the nails, so it’s a better option than an emery board or metal nail file.
- Nail buffer – Use a nail buffer to give your nails a natural shine without having to use polish.
- Hand cream – Hand creams are thicker than body lotions, so they offer extra hydration for hands and nails.
DON’T Make These Manicure Mistakes
Whether you go to a salon or do it yourself, getting a manicure is a great way to polish your feminine look.
That said, there are couple mistakes you’ll want to avoid:
- Avoid nails that are too long or too short. Both of these extremes tend to make the fingers look more stubby. The most flattering nail length is about 1/8″-1/4″ past your fingertips.
- Avoid bright nail polish colors. If your hands aren’t your strong point, avoid bold colors and stick with neutral tones that blend into your hands. (Good options are soft pink, nude, or ivory.) Save the fun colors for your toes.
DON’T Forget Hairy Knuckles
This seems obvious, but it still needs to be stated: If you have hairy knuckles, don’t forget to shave them when presenting yourself as a woman. No need for such a simple detail to run an otherwise impeccable feminine image!
DO Use Jewelry To Your Advantage
Rings and bracelets can definitely make your hands look prettier, but there are a couple important rules to follow:
- Avoid delicate jewelry. Dainty rings and bracelets are feminine, but they’re usual a “don’t” for crossdressers and transgender women. Delicate jewelry only makes your hands look bigger in comparison. Instead, look for chunkier jewelry styles that suit the proportions of your hands.
- Keep it low key. Flashy rings and bracelets call attention to an area you probably want to downplay. That means one or two simple pieces is all you need. Instead, keep the focus on your face with a statement necklace or beautiful earrings.
While your hands might not be your favorite feature, they don’t have to distract from a feminine look. Apply these tips and your hands will blend in beautifully.
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts. How do you feel about your hands? Do you have any additional suggestions to add to this list?
P.S. Hands are just one important detail of many. To evaluate your full feminine image, download my free Flawless Feminine Image Checklist below!