One of the best parts of being a woman is having CURVES galore!
But maybe you’re wondering …
It is really possible to look like an hourglass if you’re built like a rectangle or an apple (as most transgender women are)?
The answer is YES!
Keep reading to learn how to slim your waist and enhance your hips to achieve an hourglass shape:
1. Try corset training
If you’ve never worn a corset before, you’re in for a treat. A corset can take up to 6” off your waist and make you look and feel ultra feminine.
A corset can even be used for permanent (or at least semi-permanent) waist size reduction. Corset training isn’t fast or easy, but it can work wonders when combined with a proper diet and exercise.
Check out Romantasy.com to learn more about corset training. They offer corsets, training materials, and even a 3-month waist training coaching program.
2. Wear a waist cincher
As lovely as corsets are, they aren’t always practical. A big drawback is that corsets can look stiff and bulky under most clothes.
Waist cinchers, on the other hand, are designed to be worn under clothing. A waist cincher can take 1-4 inches off your waist while still allowing you to move and breath easily.
Here are 3 top-reviewed waist cinchers available in small to extra-large sizes.
- Flexees Instant Slimmer Waistnipper
- Squeem Magical Lingerie Waist Cincher
- Rago Waist Cincher – Style 821
|Flexees Instant Slimmer Waistnipper||Squeem Magical Lingerie Waist Cincher||Rago Waist Cincher – Style 821|
3. Improve your posture
Most of us have poor posture from being slumped over computers all day. Good posture can make you look 10 pounds lighter around the middle, so pay attention to the way you sit and stand. Think: stomach in, chest lifted, and shoulders back.
Even better – put on your waist cincher! A waist cincher improves your posture by forcing you to keep your tummy in and your spine straight.
4. Try the vacuum pose
Traditional exercises like crunches and sit-ups can overdevelop your abs and increase the size of your waist. Have you ever noticed that many modern bodybuilders have bulging abdomens? Compare this to the wasp-waist look of old school bodybuilders like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jack Lalanne.
You obviously don’t want to look like “The Terminator”, but these classic bodybuilders were onto something. Their secret was the “vacuum pose”.
The vacuum pose is an exercise that tones the transverse abdominis. The transverse abdominis is the innermost ab muscle, which supports your posture and helps hold your stomach in. Everyday crunches don’t target this muscle.
The vacuum pose can take 2-4 inches off your waist, so it’s definitely worth a try. (I personally lost 1 inch off my waist after vacuum posing for 2 weeks!) Here’s how to do it:
- Exhale all the air from your lungs.
- Expand your chest and suck in your stomach as much as possible. Imagine trying to touch your belly button to your spine.
- Hold this pose for 5-15 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat for 3-5 minutes.
The vacuum pose should be done on an empty stomach and can be done standing, sitting, or on your hands and knees. Check out this article to learn more about the vacuum pose.
5. Enhance your hips
A small waist is only half of the equation. Your hips should appear approximately 10 inches larger than your waist for true hourglass proportions.
Here are some tips for enhancing your hips:
- Wear padded panties. Classic Curves carries the best hip and butt enhancers for crossdressers and transgender women. You can also find a big selection of removable hip and butt pads on LoveMyBubbles.com.
- Go for skirts and dresses with gathered waistlines. Gathers are the easiest way add inches to your lower body and create the illusion of hips.
- Look for peplum styles. A peplum is a ruffle or overskirt attached to the waistline of a top, dress, or skirt. Besides adding fullness to the hips, the peplum is a very fashion-forward look.
|Padded panty||Gathered waist||Peplum|
I hope this gave you some new ideas for getting the CURVES you desire. I’d love to see your results, so please share your photos below – along with any other waist or hip shaping tips you might have!